Monday, April 15, 2013

The daily rollercoaster that is PTSD is exhausting. Our personal rollercoaster in on a week long cycle. mondays are fine, throughout the week the tension and stress builds, then Friday is the blow up. It has become so routine that I expect it.
I am not sure why things go this way, it just seems to be the norm at my house now. The kids expect it, heck, even the dogs know it is coming.
This week the eruption was a result of our oldest not wearing his slippers. Such a little thing. I know there are people out there that are obsessed with slippers. I am not one of those people. I feel that slippers are only beneficial if they are NEVER WORN OUTSIDE. Now this particular incident consisted of my son NOT going outside because he had no slippers on and had to retrive his shoes.
I know, I know, the blow up wasn't really about the damn slippers. I know it was an accumulation of things that had built up all week and the slippers were simply the catalyst that set off the explosion.
How to get past these explosions? Communication of course. But we have TBI and PTSD standing in the way of that communication. I am still working on the best way to hurdle those obsticles on a daily basis and eventually avoid the weekly explosion.

No comments:

Post a Comment